2011-02-02

Wallpapers, and Wallpapers!

Today we have a particularly interesting article on our hands - a double-blog review! One is of 'Wallpapers' and the other of 'Wallpapers!'

Why, you ask, have I chosen to do two blogs in one review? Well, the answer is simple: they're pretty much the same thing. They're both blogs in which posts are made (almost) daily, and in each post is - you guessed it - wallpapers. Usually, a blog that isn't really unique would get poor scores from critics like myself, but they both exhibit quality content that really delivers on their niche.

The wallpapers themselves are simply wonderful. They are all of amazing quality, and look professional. It's not your typical dull, Windows-esque backgrounds that come default on your PC, but rather those that have been harvested from the series of tubes that is the internet and compiled in these two blogs with great consistency.

Though the content is definitely enjoyable, the blogs are a bit simple, and could use a bit of work. Another oddity that these blogs exhibit that separates them from other blogs I feature are that they aren't really perfected in the actual blog style. If it weren't for all of the wonderful wallpapers they post, I don't think they'd be really all that remarkable.

The author of 'Wallpapers!', aka Jordan, even links the other blog, 'Wallpapers', written by Wolf, on her site. Though it seems that Wolf hasn't returned the favor, it doesn't seem to be too hostile of a move. Most likely, Wolf hasn't even noticed. There's something my readers could do - comment on Wolf's blog that we here at Blogographer think he should return the favor to Jordan for the link on her page.

At any rate, there's no reason you shouldn't pimp out your desktop (yes, I did just say that) with the wallpapers on 'Wallpapers!' and 'Wallpapers.'

32 comments:

  1. Thanks, I love walls. I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I needed. I'd been using star dock's earth background for a while and it's time to change it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ratkicker: Same here, haha. That's why they got me so interested. There's something eerily attractive about them.

    @Master Maniacal: Great! I'm glad you've found a change of pace to help brighten up your desktop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I'll hafta bookmark 'em in case I decide to go for another look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just set that first one as my wallpaper, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Metatron: Indeed! They're definitely good to have on hand, especially if you get bored of your current one.

    @Auatarch: Haha, no problem. Thank the wallpaper people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something wen't wrong indeed. Saved the first one, but I'm so sick of minecraft :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it bad that before I read this post, I had that first one for about 3 weeks now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks man, I really love wallpapers. I have mine on a setting where it switches out every 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kashmatik: A lot of people seem to be saying that, haha.

    @Waaaoi: Minecraft is around a lot, but I thought it was a neat little wallpaper. Just a sample of what they have.

    @Some_Chi_Guy: Haha. No, but then maybe you've already got many of the wallpapers.

    @Gamerman's Gaming Blog: How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool looking wallpapers. I saved a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always looking for new wallpapers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes! my new source for beautiful backgrounds! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jordan's blog is awesome, hadn't heard of wolf's before, but I'll definitely be following her. Thanks for the reviews! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Rose: Huh?

    @Mihai-Edrisch, ec92, Banacek, Filthy, Rob: Awesome, hope you enjoy them.

    @teampl4yer: It is, haha.

    @tadpole: Glad to get Wolf some views. I also do not believe Wolf is a female, though i may be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great now you made me want to play mionecraft :P

    Useful Sites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome, I will check both of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really great reviews man, I love the blog. Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am always a bit on edge with these kinds of blogs content. Sometimes you question whether you feel if it is good enough content or not. In the end though, I always find the wallpapers nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a huge wallpaper folder. I love them. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  21. i normaly prefer nature themed wallpapers, but nice ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That first one is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete